Pedro #3, Wonderful apartment in an upscale location.
The apartment is located in the exquisite neighbourhood of Sarria which was the place to summer for some Barcelona aristocracy in the 16th century. This former rural village became the place where Barcelona’s affluent classes chose to live from the second half of the 19th century.
It was the last of the independent villages annexed by Barcelona in 1921. This could explain why it retains much of the original flavour and personality of its streets, buildings and local community.
The locals proudly show off their neighbourhood which has always been one of the city’s most prosperous.
The traditional architecture of the neighbourhood is wonderful, with its typical food market and century-old shops, which has been joined by the typical summer villas of the Catalan art nouveau, or modernista period. The Carrer Major, or main street, is imbued with the spirit of the former village. Here you’ll find some of the oldest houses. The former town hall stands in the Placa del Consell de la Vila, and is now the seat of the district council.
Also close by is the Sarria Market which has become a modern, spacious showcase for food, it was completely refurbished in 2007 though It still retains the original structure of the market founded over 100 years ago.
In this neighbourhood you will find plenty of small fashion shops as well as coffee shops and embassy villas.
In the same street as the apartment you have probably one of the best pastry shops of Barcelona, Patisserie Foix de Sarria, where you can find truffles, chocolate, cakes, ice-creams, not to mention freshly baked panettone.
Just five minutes walk to the Ferrocarril station, the rest of the city is within easy reach, the central hub of Placa Catalunya is just ten minutes away and from here you can connect easily with the entire city.
This apartment has been decorated in a modern, chic style. The building which dates from the end of the 19th century has been declared by the city government as a building of particular cultural and architectural interest.
The living area is decorated in neutral tones with high quality finishings, with a comfortable sofa bed, two armchairs to enjoy reading and two lamps, dining table with seating for four guests, TV/DVD, stereo (radio, CD player), WI FI internet access and a telephone with free local calls. From the living room, you can access a small balcony.
The kitchen is open plan to the living area and is modern and fitted with high quality finishings. It is fully equipped with a complete set of kitchenware, ceramic-plate cooker and oven, refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, toaster, kettle, coffee-maker, microwave, washer/dryer and iron and ironing board.
The are 2 single beds which can be made together as a double on request, bedside tables, lamps, enclosed wardrobe with space for hanging clothes, shoe shelves and drawers.
The bathroom has a shower, handbasin and WC. A hairdryer is also provided.
This is a wonderful apartment in a beautiful part of the city, the perfect base for enjoying all that Barcelona has to offer.
Additional Booking Conditions:
For this apartment we do not show online availability. Please use the "Book" button to send your request. We will check availability and get back to you as quickly as possible.
- For this apartment the price does not include the local tourist tax which is payable at check-in. The tax is currently set at EUR 0.72 per person, per night. (under 16's are not charged). This is payable in cash, on arrival.
- Cancellations received more than 21 days before the start date of the booking will not attract any further charges.
- Cancellations received between 21 days and 7 days prior to the start date of the booking will attract a further charge equivalent to 50% of the booking fee. This is in additional to the deposit paid at the time of booking.
- No-shows and cancellations received 7 days or less, prior to the start date of the booking will be charged the full outstanding balance of the booking.
- At check-in guests will be asked to provide a security deposit of EUR 200. This can be paid for in cash or by credit card and will be refunded unless any damages have occurred.
- Check-ins after 9pm and before 2am will be charged at 30 EUR. Check-ins between 2am and 8am will be charged at 50 EUR.