Montcada #3, Charming Style in an Historic Location.
The apartment is located in the historic El Born district; the preferred residential area for most Barcelonans. El Born is without doubt the most charming district in Barcelona with hidden corners of captivating, pleasant surprises to be discovered. From its small alleyways, along its majestic Rambla (pedestrian street) and the Ciutadella Park, to the beautiful Santa Caterina market or the solemn Santa Maria del Mar cathedral, El Born will make an impression on you.
Numerous museums are now housed in prominent mansions in the area, including the Textile and Costume Museum, the Barbier-Muller pre-Columbian Art Museum and the famous Picasso Museum.
El Born is located between the Barceloneta district and the Via Laietana street. Its main arterial road is the famous Paseo del Born, a charming avenue lined with restaurants, bars and shops at the head of which is the district’s treasure, the Santa Maria del Mar gothic church.
The port and the beaches are a five minute walk away, 10 minutes to Las Ramblas and 15 minutes to Plaza Catalunya.
This is a spacious apartment, full of Mediterranean sun. An elegant mix of colours, textures, artistic features and soft furnishings, combined with quality and designer modern accessories make this apartment charming and homely.
Although this apartment is very central, it is also very quiet. With a very attractive appearance and balconies overlooking the pedestrian Montcada Street, this apartment is a perfect choice for style and comfort in Barcelona. The medieval stone and exposed beams are combined with a soft, hues and eye-catching touches of colour on the designer furniture and interesting works of art.
The open-plan living room has two sofa beds, coffee table, and a side table with storage. The balconies and windows overlooking the famous and cheerful Montcada Street provide sun and entertainment. The dining room has a large table with seating for ten diners. There is a free, unlimited WI-FI internet connection access, TV with cable, video store, sports and entertainment options, CD and DVD.
The kitchen has a high table with four stools for breakfast or dining. It is fully equipped with cutlery, crockery, cooking utensils, fridge, freezer, ceramic stove and oven, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender, kettle and an iron and ironing board are also provided.
The two main bedrooms are spacious and have two double beds each, 4 bedsides tables, wardrobe and drawers each. The other two double bedrooms have one double bed each with two bedside tables. The fifth bedroom has two single beds and a bedside table. They all have large wardrobes, windows and balconies.
There are two bathrooms, one bathroom has a shower, washbasin and toilet and the other has an extra large bath with shower, toilet and washbasin. A hairdryer is also provided.
Today, el Born is the most fashionable district in Barcelona, while one of its biggest attractions, its medieval structure, is still almost completely intact. It has a great variety of culture and leisure activities , with the best designer bars and restaurants, exclusive boutiques, museums, galleries, theatres and much more.
Additional Booking Conditions:
- For this apartment the price does not include the local tourist tax which is payable at check-in. The tax is currently set at EUR 0.72 per person, per night. (under 16's are not charged). This is payable in cash, on arrival.
- Late check-in charges
- For arrivals after 8pm an additional charge of 40 euros is payable at check-in.
- For arrivals after midnight an additional charge of 60 euros is payable at check-in.
- Security Deposit
- When you arrive you will be asked to provide a cash security deposit of 300 euros. This deposit will be refunded at check-out provided the apartment is returned in good conditions.
- Cancellations received 14 days prior to arrival: 50% of the total balance is due.
- Cancellations received less than 24 hours prior to arrival or no prior notice: 100% of the total balance is due.
- To modify the number of guests, if you decide to reduce the number of guest the remaining balance stays the same. If extra guests are added to the booking the required supplement will be added.
Comments from Guests that stayed at this apartment...
".... the apartment was fantastic...great location and size"
...Ruth, Australia, December 2012
.... the apartment was fantastic...great location and size